Whole Wheat Protein Pancakes
- 3 eggs whites
- ⅓ cup dry oats, ground into a powder OR whole wheat pancake mix
- 1 scoop protein powder (any flavor you like) I am a chocolate addict! :D
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- optional: ½ cup fresh fruit (banana, berries, etc), vanilla extract
- Whisk the egg whites for a few minutes, then add the rest of the liquid ingredients (eggs, vanilla if desired, and almond milk - you may use slightly less or slightly more than ⅓ cup depending on the consistency you desire).
- Add in oats or pancake mix — and protein powder.
- Cook in a heated skillet, I use a non-stick canola spray first or bit of butter if you want.
- Drop into skillet in 1/4 cup portions, this makes about four pancakes.
Be creative and make your plate nicer with some added fresh fruits and/or turkey bacon if you are not trying to lose weight and preparing for a competition...
Don't forget to comment and share.